Jake was a competitive golfer for over a decade dating back to the days of being the Captain of his high school golf team. He has played more than 200 courses across 32 different states in the US. Now semi-retired, Jake continues to golf 3-4 days a week with a current 2 handicap, gives golf lessons to his friends and family, and provides a wealth of knowledge to Golf Circuit from his competitive playing days. Jake combines practical expertise with technical knowledge to create golfing strategies and training techniques for both beginners and scratch golfers.
Playing golf in winter can be a challenging task since you have to be precise about your technique and cautious about the cold.
To keep your hands safe and to ensure a good grip on the club, investing in winter golf gloves is essential to not feel like you are on a fairway to hell.
There are several kinds of designs and gloves out there, so what exactly should you look for when buying a pair?
Which ones should you pick?
To help you out, I have compiled a list of some of the best winter golf gloves that you can consider buying and some factors to consider while buying them.
This can then help you make an informed choice so that your game will not be affected. Let’s begin!
Our Top Picks
- ???? Callaway Golf Thermal Grip Gloves – Best Gloves Overall
- ???? SIMARI Winter Gloves – Best Winter Golf Glove for The Money
- ???? Finger Ten Winter Golf Gloves – Best Gloves For Wind Protection
5 Best Winter Golf Gloves
You can look at some of the best winter golf gloves and their features, pros, and cons below.
SIMARI Winter Gloves
- Material: Polyester, spandex
- Size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
- Grip: Silicone particles, abrasion resistance
- Weather Protection: Flannel lining, tight closure
- Cuff: Elastic
The SIMARI Winter Golf Gloves can be a great choice for golfing while also being suitable enough for other outdoor activities.
These also have a strong and secure grip from silicone particles. We’ve seen that silicone particles can also prevent too much wear and tear.
Reflection patterns to ensure better visibility can help as well.
These gloves come with touchscreen capabilities as an added bonus if you need to track your score or respond to a message while playing.
- These gloves are suitable for outdoor activities apart from golfing, such as cycling, running, hiking, driving, and more.
- They come with a strong grip and abrasion resistance due to silicone particles.
- They have a convenient pull-on closure with elastic cuffs to ensure a snug fit and wind protection.
- A flannel lining for warmth and flexibility is included.
- Light-reflecting capabilities to improve visibility in the dark can help ensure safety.
- There have been some complaints about sizing issues at the time of delivery.
OZERO Winter Thermal Gloves
- Material: Leather, polyester, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)
- Size: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large
- Grip: Silicone particles
- Weather Protection: Thermal, windproof, water-resistant
- Cuff: Elastic
These OZERO Winter Thermal Gloves are predominantly black in color with a bit of grey.
They come in various sizes, so make sure you pick yours accurately to ensure that the elastic cuff will be effective in securing your hands against the wind, rain, or snow.
Made from leather, polyester, and thermoplastic polyurethane, these gloves can offer comfort, warmth, breathability, and easy movement while ensuring quality and durability.
Silicone particles on the palm and fingers can help ensure a secure grip right where you need to hold the club. Touchscreen capabilities are also present.
- These gloves can offer versatility since you can use them for multiple sports and activities.
- They come with an elastic cuff to ensure easy pull on and a secure fit to keep the wind out.
- These gloves are windproof, warm, and water-resistant, making them suitable for different weather conditions.
- The tips are touchscreen sensitive, allowing you to easily check and use your phone.
- The silicone particles on the gloves can allow for better grip and control while also minimizing wear and tear.
- These gloves can be a bit tight if you buy your usual size.
FootJoy WinterSof Golf Gloves
- Material: Suede, fleece, nylon
- Size: Small, Medium, Medium-Large, Large, XL, XXL
- Grip: Sure-Grip Autosuede
- Weather Protection: Warm, waterproof
- Cuff: Extended knit cuff
FootJoy WinterSof Winter Golf Gloves, made especially for golfing, can offer high quality and weather protection through suede, fleece, and nylon construction.
This combination of materials can ensure movement, breathability, and grip while keeping the cold and rain out.
The Sure-Grip Autosude construction of these gloves can allow you to maintain control over your club while playing. A knit cuff to ensure a snug fit is also in place.
These gloves have reflective capabilities that can ensure visibility even in the dark.
There are multiple sizes to choose from, so make sure you pick accurately or even a size bigger for a good fit.
- Multiple materials involved in the construction can offer a comfortable fit and reliable protection.
- The gloves have foam fleece and nylon to ensure warmth and waterproof construction.
- You can put these gloves on and ensure proper visibility in the dark since they can reflect light.
- The grip technology used in these gloves can prevent slipping and ensure better control and movement.
- They fit comfortably due to multiple sizes and the extended knit cuff.
- These might feel a bit bulky.
Callaway Golf Thermal Grip Gloves
- Material: Synthetic
- Size: Medium-Large
- Grip: Digitized synthetic leather
- Weather Protection: Water resistant, warm, wind-resistant
- Cuff: Adjustable
The Callaway Golf Thermal Grip Gloves are made from synthetic leather material.
We have seen that synthetic leather ensures water resistance, wind resistance, and sufficient warmth while you play golf in winter.
Their external microfiber shell and internal thermal fleece lining can also add to this kind of weather protection.
Due to the construction of these gloves, you can also expect a strong and secure grip that will give you a good amount of control and flexibility when it comes to your golf club.
The adjustable cuff or closure can help ensure that the gloves fit your palm snugly.
- These gloves have an adjustable closure that can allow you to wear them comfortably according to the width of your palm.
- The inner thermal fleece lining and the synthetic construction can help keep the gloves warm and dry.
- The outer layer has a microfiber shield to protect the gloves and your hands from water and wind.
- The grip is firm, allowing you to exert good control.
- These gloves are lightweight to ensure flexibility and movement.
- There are not enough size options for this glove.
FINGER TEN Winter Golf Gloves
- Material: Suede, fleece
- Size: Small, Medium, Medium-Large, Large, XL
- Grip: Secure
- Weather Protection: Warm, windproof, snowproof, water-resistant
- Cuff: Adjustable
The FINGER TEN Winter Golf Gloves are made from microfiber suede and fleece to ensure high quality and weather protection.
These materials can help make the gloves windproof, snowproof, water-resistant, and sufficiently warm so that you can focus on the game.
They also have a ball marker on the glove which we found super helpful while playing.
Available in multiple sizes, these gloves also have an adjustable cuff if you still want to make certain rearrangements. Perforations can help enhance this while also providing some breathability to your gloves.
The microfiber construction of these gloves can also prove effective when securing your grip and control over the club.
- The microfiber suede and fleece construction can make these gloves durable and of high quality.
- Due to this kind of construction, these gloves can offer reliable weather protection against wind, snow, water, and the cold.
- They have a handy ball marker on the glove.
- These gloves come in multiple sizes and include an adjustable cuff to fit your palms snugly and perfectly.
- These gloves are soft and comfortable and can be worn for other activities apart from golf.
- The perforations on the gloves can improve the grip while also ensuring better movement.
- It can take some time for the gloves to break in and become comfortable, so you might have to wait for them to become effective while playing.
Everything You Need to Know About Winter Golf Gloves
There are a few things you should know about winter golf gloves to know what to account for while buying them. These are as follows.
First and foremost, these gloves can keep your hands protected from different weather conditions such as the cold, wind, and rain.
This allows you to maintain a proper hold over your club while also preventing your hands from freezing.
Your gloves should feel comfortable enough on your hands without restricting movement or causing any kind of itchiness.
To ensure this, look for breathability, lightness, flexibility, and warmth.
Buying a pair instead of a single glove (many golf gloves tend to be sold as a single unit) can also help more.
Of course, you want your gloves to last for a long time and resist different kinds of weather conditions and roughness while supporting your game.
Choosing a good quality material with reliable construction can make a huge difference.
Size, color, and construction are important in terms of design.
The gloves should be a perfect fit to ensure movement. The construction should be well in place, solid, and reliable material.
Winter gloves are usually black in color, but many of them have white or other colors. Some might also have a few holes for the sweat/condensation to escape. Many modern gloves tend to be touchscreen compatible as well.
The grip of the golf club is important to maintain control over your golf club to make accurate plays.
Gloves should have a secure grip and be weatherproof so that your hands do not slip over the club.
Textures in the right places can help with this.
Make sure you have a budget in mind since gloves tend to vary in price.
Some might be more premium while some more affordable. However, make sure you do not compromise on the quality.
Which Gloves Should I Buy?
Which u003ca href=u0022https://golfcircuit.com/posts/best-golf-gloves/u0022 data-type=u0022postu0022 data-id=u002285u0022u003egloves you should buyu003c/au003e ultimately depends on your requirements and considerations.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eBut make sure they provide good weather protection and grip so that they can aid your movement instead of inhibiting it.
Are Winter Golf Gloves Worth It?
Yes, they are! u003cbru003eu003cbru003eKeeping your hands warm and protected in winter can help you concentrate on your game instead of damaging your chances by having your hands bitten by the cold.
What Are Cadet Golf Gloves?
u003ca href=u0022https://golfcircuit.com/posts/cadet-golf-gloves/u0022 data-type=u0022postu0022 data-id=u0022807u0022u003eCadet golf glovesu003c/au003e are bigger in width and shorter in length. These are made for people whose hands are shaped so that their fingers are short, but their palms are large and wide.
The Bottom Line
This guide has taken you through everything you need to know about winter golf gloves.
This includes what to expect from them, why they are important, and which options you can consider buying.
All you need to do now is choose and keep your technique intact while your hands stay warm and protected against the weather.